Text Exemplars Grades 6-8 Informational Texts: English Language Arts
These texts exemplify the level of complexity and quality that the Common Core State Standards require all students in grades 6-8 to engage with.
Includes 5 English Language Arts texts:
- Blood, Toil, Tears & Sweat: Address to Parliament (included in Great Speeches of the 20th Century)
- Harriet Tubman: Conductor on the Underground Railroad
- Letter on Thomas Jefferson (included in The Portable John Adams)
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
- Travels with Charley: In Search of America